POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vulnerable technology : Re: Vulnerable technology Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vulnerable technology
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 11 Nov 2009 03:22:37
Message: <4afa744c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

>> Hey! That means that you'd most likely have to start hunting again. That
>> isn't so bad, so I guess you got a point as well! :)
>
> Oh come on, in the first half of the 20th century there were no
> microprocessors, yet we managed to have shops, delivery systems, we could
> even build planes, cars and power stations.  Sure there will be mayhem if
> unexpectedly uP's suddenly disappeared, but it's not like we'd have to go
> back to hunting.

Just a joke man. Relax.

Of course what you say is true, but all those societal elements were evolved
TO. If today's tech was to disappear tomorrow, we'd suddenly have a
regression to a level far below what we had in the early 20th. Until we can
re-establish the "outmoded" technologies and technological base (like steam
power) that were cutting edge in say, 1920.

--
Stefan Viljoen